Roseville Truck Accident Attorney
Need Consultancy? Request A Free Quote
Want to get in touch with us? We’d love to hear from you. Get an expert opinion today.
Roseville Truck Accident Lawyer
Motor vehicle accidents are among the most commonly cited causes of accidental deaths and injuries throughout the United States. Any vehicle accident is capable of causing devastating injuries to those involved. However, truck accidents are hazardous and damaging due to the size and weight of most large commercial trucks. When commercial trucks collide with smaller passenger cars, the occupants of those smaller vehicles are likely to suffer severe or even life-threatening injuries.
Legal Counsel for Roseville, CA, Truck Accident Victims
Kreeger Law provides comprehensive personal injury representation to victims of all types of motor vehicle accidents in the Roseville, CA, area. Commercial trucking is crucial for economic purposes but also inherently dangerous in many ways. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a truck accident that someone else caused, you have the right to pursue compensation for your damages through a personal injury claim against the responsible party or parties.
Why You Should Hire a Roseville Truck Accident Lawyer
Don’t make the mistake of believing you can save money on legal fees by handling your civil claim on your own. While it is technically possible to file and win a personal injury claim without legal representation, this route includes many risks that the average person may not recognize at first. The civil court system of Roseville, CA, enforces many strict filing requirements, deadlines, and other prerequisites for any personal injury claim. Even slight errors can dramatically impact the victim’s ability to recover compensation for their losses. The average person with no legal experience may not know how to approach this difficult situation, and they could risk their recovery on a technicality.
Hiring an experienced Roseville truck accident attorney to represent you means you will not only have a greater chance of success with your claim, but you will also avoid worrying about meeting your case’s procedural requirements. Your legal team will handle these issues on your behalf, ensuring your claim meets all the court’s filing deadlines and other conditions. You can rely on your attorney to provide responsive guidance through every phase of your case, and you are much more likely to maximize your recovery when you have an experience Roseville truck accident lawyer fighting on your behalf.
What Does a Truck Accident Lawyer Do?
When you choose Kreeger Law to represent you in a Roseville truck accident claim, our team will work diligently to explore every potential avenue of compensation that’s available to you. Our goal is for you to maximize your recovery from your damages to the greatest extent possible under the personal injury laws of California. Your Roseville truck accident lawyer will handle the preliminary stages of your claim, including drafting and filing your complaint, filing pretrial motions on your behalf, and coordinating settlement negotiations with the defendant. While the vast majority of personal injury claims filed in the US end in settlement, there is always a chance for a personal injury case to proceed to litigation, and you will have reliable legal counsel on your side if this occurs in your case.
Your Roseville truck accident attorney can assist you in calculating the full scope of your claimable damages.It’s common for personal injury plaintiffs to discover their claims are worth much more than they initially expected once they secure experienced legal representation. Your attorney will also be instrumental in helping you prove liability for your claimed damages, which is often one of the most challenging aspects of a truck accident claim.
Who Is at Fault for a Truck Accident Injury?
Determining fault for a truck accident is not always straightforward. Many truck accident claims filed throughout California raise complex questions of liability that the average person may not know how to address without experienced legal counsel guiding them. In addition, vicarious liability often comes into play when more than one party bears fault for a truck accident. For example, the truck driver involved in your recent accident may bear some level of liability for your damages, but depending on the nature of their employment and actions taken by their employer, the employer may also bear vicarious liability for the accident.
Employers in the trucking industry must abide by several strict regulations, including those that pertain to vetting, hiring, and training drivers, enforcing hours of service rules from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), and performing proper truck maintenance. As a result, a truck driver can make an error that causes an accident but should never have happened in the first place if their employer had upheld their applicable responsibilities appropriately. Your Roseville truck accident lawyer will help you determine whether a truck driver, employer, or both bear fault for your truck accident damages. It’s also possible for a third party to cause a truck accident. For example, if a drunk driver collides with a commercial truck near you and the truck, in turn, strikes your vehicle, liability will fall to the drunk driver. Ultimately, there are countless possible ways to determine a truck accident’s liability. It can evolve into a complex mess, and you need professional legal guidance you can trust to navigate these issues with confidence.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Commercial truck accidents can happen in many different ways. If another party is clearly at fault for your recent truck accident, you likely have solid grounds for filing a personal injury claim against them to recover your damages. Some examples of the ways truck accidents might occur and lead to personal injury claims include:
- Drunk driving. It is illegal and incredibly dangerous for any driver to operate a vehicle under the influence of alcohol. For example, suppose a truck driver operates their commercial vehicle under the influence of alcohol. In that case, they face criminal prosecution and loss of their commercial driver’s license along with civil liability for victim’s damages.
- Distracted driving. Both truck drivers and drivers of individual passenger vehicles can cause devastating truck accidents when they become distracted behind the wheel. Distracted driving is the most commonly reported cause of motor vehicle accidents throughout the United States.
- Improperly loaded cargo. Commercial trucks carry billions of tons of cargo across the country each year, and trucks need to have carefully balanced and properly secured cargo. When cargo is not secured and balanced correctly, the truck becomes vulnerable to tip-overs and rollovers. The party responsible for loading a truck could bear liability if this type of accident occurs.
- Ineffective truck maintenance. Large commercial trucks spend more time on the road and have more complex internal mechanics than standard passenger vehicles. These factors lead to greater maintenance demands, and the parties responsible for truck maintenance must perform this maintenance correctly according to a rigorous schedule. When the party responsible for truck maintenance fails to perform maintenance correctly and an accident results that party bears fault for the resulting damages.
These are only a few examples of how truck accidents can happen around Roseville, CA. Suppose you or a loved one recently experienced a truck accident, and you are unsure who is to blame. In that case, an experienced truck accident lawyer is your best resource for determining your most viable options for legal recourse.
Potential Compensation in a Successful Truck Accident Claim
Truck accidents often cause devastating and life-changing injuries. You or your loved one may have suffered painful injuries that will require extensive long-term therapy and treatment, and you likely incurred substantial economic losses as well. Your truck accident attorney can help you calculate the full scope of the damages you can claim in your personal injury case, which may include:
- Medical expenses, both those incurred immediately following your accident and those you are likely to incur in the future for necessary ongoing care.
- Lost income for the time you must spend home in recovery. You also have the right to claim compensation for lost earning potential if you are permanently disabled from your truck accident and cannot return to work.
- Property damage, such as the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle.
- Pain and suffering. You can claim financial compensation for the physical pain and emotional trauma caused by the defendant’s actions. Your Roseville truck accident attorney will help you determine a fair amount to include in your lawsuit based on the seriousness of your injuries and whether you are likely to face long-term or permanent medical complications from them.
You could secure much more compensation than you initially expected when you have the right attorney handling your Roseville truck accident claim.
Our Roseville Location
What to Expect From Your Roseville Truck Accident Attorney
Facing any type of personal injury claim will be much easier and less stressful with experienced legal counsel on your side. When you choose Kreeger Law to represent you in a Roseville, CA, truck accident case,we’ll take time to get to know you and your situation to provide individualized representation. Every personal injury claim is unique, and there is no one-size-fits-all strategy that works for every case. However, you can expect personalized legal advice, a thorough analysis of the details of your claim and the full scope of your damages, and aggressive representation through every phase of your truck accident claim.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help With Your Case
We understand that you probably have many questions after you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a truck accident. If you are ready to discuss your legal options with an experienced and reliable Roseville truck accident lawyer, contact Kreeger Law today to schedule a consultation with our team and get the answers you need to your most important legal questions.
About Roseville, CA
Roseville, California is located in the Sacramento metropolitan area with a population around 141,500. There are two extension campuses of Brandman University and Sierra College located within Roseville. The national passenger rail system, Amtrak, , offers train service to Roseville at the Roseville Amtrak Station. Residents have major medical facilities available with Sutter Roseville hospital and Kaiser Permanente. First responder services through the Roseville Fire Department provide fire protection and emergency medical services.