Rocklin Truck Accident Lawyer
Need Consultancy? Request A Free Quote
Want to get in touch with us? We’d love to hear from you. Get an expert opinion today.
Rocklin, California Truck Accident Lawyer
Large trucks are essential parts of the California economy, and many communities in the Rocklin area and throughout the Golden State rely on commercial trucking for the shipping services they use each day. Unfortunately, large tractor-trailers, also called semi-trucks and big rigs, are some of the most dangerous vehicles on the roads due to their large sizes. If you or a loved one recently suffered injuries in a semi-truck accident, it’s vital to know your options for legal recourse and how an experienced attorney can help you recover.
The Kreeger Law Firm offers comprehensive legal representation for truck accident victims in Rocklin, CA. Our team has extensive experience helping clients navigate the common legal issues they experience following trucking accidents, including difficulty in determining liability and accurately calculating their claimable damages. Our team can clarify the complex legal statutes surrounding your truck accident claim and help you approach your recovery effort with greater confidence and understanding.
Why Should I Hire a Rocklin Truck Accident Lawyer?
How Do Truck Accidents Happen?
Truck accidents can happen for many of the same reasons that all other motor vehicle accidents happen. However, the large size of most commercial trucks poses additional risk factors not present in standard passenger vehicle traffic. Some of the most commonly cited causes of truck accidents in the United States include:
- Truck driver error. Operating a commercial truck is very different from driving a passenger car, and all truck drivers must obtain commercial driver’s licenses (CDLs) to operate these vehicles. Truck drivers have very demanding jobs and spend more time on the road than most other drivers. When truck drivers cannot properly manage their vehicles or make errors while driving their trucks, they can easily cause devastating accidents.
- Distracted driving. Both truck drivers and passenger vehicle drivers can easily cause serious truck accidents if they do not pay attention to the road while operating their vehicles. Even a few seconds of distraction behind the wheel can have disastrous consequences, and distracted driving is the leading cause of all motor vehicle accidents in the U.S.
- Driving under the influence (DUI). Drunk drivers are dangers to themselves and all other motorists around them. An intoxicated driver can easily cause a truck accident, and a truck driver who uses drugs or alcohol before operating their commercial truck is also likely to cause a serious accident. When a DUI driver causes injuries and other damages, the impaired driver will face criminal penalties in addition to civil claims for damages from victims.
- Poor road conditions. Trucks are larger and heavier than other passenger vehicles, and they also have higher centers of gravity. This makes them more vulnerable to tip-over and rollover accidents in certain conditions, such as sharp turns on wet roads.
- Improperly loaded cargo. The trailers that carry a truck’s cargo must be properly balanced. When the trailer isn’t loaded properly, this leaves the truck more susceptible to inertial forces as it rounds turns. The party responsible for loading the trailer could absorb liability if an imbalanced trailer causes a truck accident.
- Speeding. Truck drivers have a duty of care to follow posted speed limits, and they have a professional duty to operate their vehicles as safely as possible at all times. Speeding significantly reduces the time and distance a large vehicle has to slow down or stop in time to avoid a collision.
These are just a few examples of how truck accidents can happen. While these incidents may occur entirely unexpectedly, others are caused by preventable issues. If you believe your recent truck accident occurred due to the negligence of another party, including the truck driver, their employer, or a third party, it’s essential to consult an attorney as soon as possible.
Proving Liability in a Truck Accident Case
In any personal injury claim, the plaintiff’s success hinges on their ability to identify the party or parties they believe to be responsible for their damages and then prove they did indeed cause those damages. While proving fault for a truck accident might sound simple enough, the reality is that these cases often raise very difficult questions of liability. It’s common for truck accident claims to implicate multiple defendants.
The legal concept of vicarious liability may arise if one party bears responsibility for the actions of another. For example, a trucking company could absorb liability for an accident one of their drivers caused. If an investigation proves the trucking company failed to ensure the driver was properly trained before assigning them their trucking route, or if the company failed to conduct a background check, these errors will likely justify a claim of vicarious liability.
Your Rocklin truck accident attorney will carefully review the details of your recent truck accident to help you determine which party or parties bear fault for your damages. Depending on how your accident occurred, it’s possible for multiple parties to absorb liability for your damages, and you can rely on your attorney to hold them accountable.
Damages and Compensation for Accident Victims Involving a Truck
A truck accident can easily cause life-changing injuries, significant damage to the victim’s vehicle and other property, and various long-term losses. The victim may require extensive ongoing medical treatment to recover from their injuries. They may be unable to work until they recover, resulting in substantial income losses for their family.
California state law allows a personal injury plaintiff to recover compensation for any and all economic losses a defendant causes. Your Rocklin truck accident lawyer will help you gather the evidence you need to prove fault for the incident and assist you in gathering the records you need to produce to establish the full scope of your claimable damages.
Truck accidents are typically much more complex than standard passenger vehicle accidents, and these incidents are likely to cause injuries and economic losses to multiple drivers. The Kreeger Law Firm hopes to provide useful and reliable information to our clients and prospective clients. Review the following most common questions we hear regarding truck accidents to learn more about these incidents and how to best approach the recovery process.
Q: How Do I Find a Good Truck Accident Lawyer?
A: Finding the right attorney can seem incredibly challenging when you are recovering from painful injuries and calculating immense economic losses caused by a negligent driver. A good attorney should have significant experience handling cases similar to yours, a long track record of satisfied past clients, and a transparent billing policy you can understand easily.
Q: How Long Does It Take to Settle a Semi-Truck Accident Claim?
A: Every truck accident claim is unique, and the time required to resolve your truck accident claim will fluctuate based on multiple factors. You could potentially reach a conclusion to your case within a few weeks or a month or two if the defendant takes responsibility for their actions and agrees to settlement negotiations. If the defendant contests liability and demands a trial, litigation can take much longer.
Q: How Much Do Truck Accident Lawyers Charge in California?
A: The majority of personal injury attorneys working in California offer contingency fee billing to their clients. This system means the client pays nothing until their attorney wins their case, and the client’s legal fees come as a percentage of their case award. At Kreeger Law Firm, we carefully review our billing policy with every client before any contracts are signed, so there are no surprises.
What to Expect From Your Rocklin Truck Accident Attorney
You likely have many more questions about your legal options following a truck accident in the Rocklin, CA area. The Kreeger Law Firm understands the stress and uncertainty that your truck accident has likely caused, and we want to provide the legal counsel you need to navigate the situation effectively, maximizing the compensation you receive for your damages.
It’s vital to secure legal counsel as soon as possible after a truck accident in the Rocklin area. If you are unsure what to do about your recent truck accident, we can help. Contact the Kreeger Law Firm today to schedule your consultation with an experienced Rocklin truck accident lawyer.