PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
- Bicycle Accidents (5)
- Brain Injuries (29)
- Car Accidents (12)
- Compensation (4)
- Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents (9)
- Injuries (15)
- Ivestigation (2)
- Liability (3)
- Lost Wages (2)
- Medical Expenses (9)
- Motocyclist (5)
- Motorcycle Accident (9)
- Pain and Suffering (8)
- Personal Injury (15)
- Product Liability (6)
- Serious Injuries (14)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (10)
- Truck Accidents (50)
- Wrongful Death (6)
Get a Free
Many people are unable to make the best decisions regarding their care after suffering serious head injuries. With a variety of treatment strategies available, anyone with a traumatic brain injury will want to consider all of his or her treatment options with the help of a loved one and medical professionals.
The type of medical treatment a person receives for a TBI depends on a variety of factors, including the severity of the blow. Here are some of the top treatment strategies for a traumatic brain injury:
- Immediate emergency care. This isn’t a specific type of treatment, but it’s important to note nonetheless. The right emergency care can go a long way in preventing additional damage.
- Medication. There is no medication that can cure a traumatic brain injury, but there are drugs that can help with the treatment process. For example, diuretics are often prescribed to help reduce the amount of fluid build-up in the tissues.
- Surgery. This is not always necessary, but there are times when there is no other option. Surgery is often used to address problems such as: skull fractures, bleeding on the brain and increased pressure.
- Rehabilitation. Most people who suffer a traumatic brain injury will require some type of rehabilitation in the future. Depending on the severity, the person may need to relearn how to walk, talk, and take care of him or herself. There are many types of rehabilitation specialists who can help, including: occupational therapists, physical therapists, rehabilitation nurses, recreational therapists, and social workers among others.
There is no way of knowing what type of treatment strategy will be implemented after a person suffers a traumatic brain injury. This can only be decided upon after a thorough examination by a qualified medical team.
If a loved one is suffering from the impact of a traumatic brain injury, it would be in your best interest to focus most your time and effort on finding the best healthcare and helping him or her make a full recovery. A skilled Sacramento brain injury attorney can help you obtain the resources you need to get the best possible treatment for your injuries.